Tuesday 25 March 2008

The Quack's Back!!

Well, fuck me sideways, the Quack has got a nice new shiny website. She still hasn't got round to answering my question though.

Let's have a look.



"Christine Glover is a very well known pharmacist with
homeopathic training offering an holistic integrated approach to healthcare. She
neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative medicine
uncritically. She believes that emotional happiness is a fundamental part of
physical health for an all round sense of balanced wellbeing."


Firstly, I think it's fair to say that "very well known pharmacist" is a bit of an oxymoron. I'd never heard of her until a couple of months ago, and would frankly struggle to name any pharmacists. Well, apart from people I was in university with, which doesn't really count. Physicists, we are not. Also, I am not sure what an all round sense of balanced wellbeing is. I guess it has something to do with not wafting at balls pitched outside off stump. Or not.

But wait! There's more! The Quack has managed to write a second paragraph. Fuck me, if only I had homeopathic training! I could also write two paragraphs!


"Christine Glover worked for fifteen years in her own community pharmacy in the
West End of Edinburgh, with a wide range of clientele ranging from bishops to
drug addicts. Since then she has spent the past seven years focusing on an
holistic approach to health issues through homeopathy. She was President of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of
Great Britain
from 1998 to 2001."


Well whoop-de-fucking woo. I also slog through the retail trenches, although I would bet my right elbow that I see a lot more drug addicts than any fucking quack. This is why:

HOMEOPATHY DOES NOT WORK. IT IS A CUNT'S TRICK, FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF RIPPING OFF THE GULLIBLE AND DESPERATE AND STUPID. FOR FUCK'S SAKE, HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU HAVE A SCIENTIFIC DEGREE AND BELIEVE THAT A FUCKING MAGIC WATER POTION WILL CURE CANCER? ARE YOU THAT FUCKING BRAIN-DEAD OR DO YOU JUST HAVE NO FUCKING MORALS WHATSO-FUCKING-EVER?

Oddly enough, all the drug addicts I see are treated with evidence-based medicine. Also, drug addicts are, in the main, poor. Poor people cannot afford homeopathic "consultations".

Also, how the fuck the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain can continue to let this woman peddle her crap while still being a practicing pharmacist, and proudly advertising herself as a former President of the Society is beyond me. How the flying fuck a known homeopath got elected as president is completely beyond me. I blame the voters...

Edit: Point and laugh at the Quack here http://www.glovers-health.co.uk/index.htm

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy the way she puts bishops at one end of the scale and drug addicts at the other end... Are we to assume that she believes bishops to be good upstanding citizens and drug addicts scum to be used to give an example of the 'lower end of the scale'. As a pharmacist surely she should be from the school that each and every patient deserves the same treatment as the next, regardless of their choices in life. Does this kind of talk not bring the profession into disrepute and undermine public confidence... I think a reprimand may be in order...

Anonymous said...

Her photo just makes me want to be sick! Shes looking very smiley, laughing all the way to the bank i expect.

Anonymous said...

http://www.fdhom.co.uk/about.asp

very informative

this is sparta!!

MrHunnybun said...

Homeopathy is a con. People that pay for it are idiots.

An addict or a bishop? I'd take the addict as at least his imaginary friends are drug-induced.

Anonymous said...

Maybe we should stop bashing the bishop?