Monday 30 June 2008

Nationalities That I Have Been Mistaken For Since I Got Here.

1) English. No, I'm not bloody English, or if I am, then you're a bloody Aussie. How do you like them apples.

2) Scottish, by a rather attractive student nurse. After giving her a brief history lesson on the constituent parts of the United Kingdom, she hasn't spoken to me again. Strange, that.

3) Irish, because they get everywhere, rather like cockroaches, or when you go to the beach and find sand in your carpet for weeks after.

4) South Islander. Arguably not technically a nationality, but this was due to the fact that I'm wandering around in shorts in the rain in the middle of "winter".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'd bite the bullet and pretend to be scottish for a month, sounds like you were having more luck with that.

PB

Anonymous said...

hmmm......just thinking you could create a bit of a story for this alter ego to make him a bigger hit with the ladies, how about decendant of scottish clan, (macdonalds for argument sakes) and your family own a castle and 10,000 acres? Let me know how it gets on

The Welsh Pharmacist said...

Macleod, surely?

"THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE", I could bellow at her passionately. Imagine the ensuing chaos.

How's the doctoring going? Managed to get yourself sued yet?

Anonymous said...

A 2000 year old immortal... travels to the other side of the world.... to save the soul of man-kind one tablet at a time.... i like it, the plot is already sounding better than highlander 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.....

Yeah not doing to bad, first years nearly up, last exams start mon finish fri. Emmas making me work ALL 7 weeks of my summer hol in the sweet shops. So gonna drink fri till i soil myself (i'll show her whose boss!)

PB