Friday 6 June 2008

That Thing, You Can Only Say What It Is In French.

I carry around a BNF with me like it is my shield and my succour against the Forces Of Evil, I have only the vaguest idea of what I'm doing and I'm chatting up a student nurse. Badly. It's fucking 2005 all over again, only this time I'm addicted to Madden, instead of Pro Evo.

Like Roland in the Dark Tower, I'm chasing the unattainable, before returning to the beginning again, each time learning a little more. I only need to do this another 19 times then I will be free.*


*This is one interpretation. My personal feeling is that most of the last three books of the series were one massive clusterfuck after another, redeemed only partially by the very ending.

2 comments:

Phil said...

Now I didn't like the ending myself it seemed a bit of a cop out. But I agree that the first three books were by far the best in the Dark Tower series.

Anonymous said...

I've only read the first three, and thought the ending to The Waste Lands was a bit shit.

*Crosses 'finish Dark Tower Series' off list of things to do*