Tuesday 2 September 2008

Fucking Muppets

Four calls so far tonight, only one of which (well, possibly two) needed my attention

1) Call from the Deliverance hospital, even further in the sticks than I am. They wanted a gentamicin dose for a patient who'd had his first dose last night. Absolutely no reason why this could not have been done in work hours. Now once, fair enough, we all make mistakes. Thing is, this was the third call in a week we've had from them about a patient we have absolutely no knowledge of.

I may write them an angry note.

2) Do we keep Twatolol injection?

It's in the fucking emergency cupboard. It's a sort of horrible snot-coloured box. Go and look for it properly.

3) One of my favourite house officers rang me up to ask

"Heeeey, bro, how do I get a 20mg dose from this 100mg tablet bro?"

"You can give the injection orally"

"Aw, truuuuue bro? You'd better not be lying to me, aye?"

Fair enough, I don't mind helping her out, as she's a nice person and a cracking doctor, but the information is all in MIMS.

4) Mifepristone for a concealed miscarriage. Fair do's, no complaints about coming in for this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Irrelevant to topic, but made me think of you...

http://i34.tinypic.com/28iapoi.jpg