Friday 23 May 2008

Slightly morose.

Things have been getting me down this week, a bit. Partially due to the lack of wheels (which will have to wait til I get paid again), partially due to the crap public transport down here, partially due to missing things and stuff and a bit of fluff at home. But, perhaps most of all due to living with people who have no life outside of World of Warcraft.

Thing is, it looked a very promising house at first, a hundred yards from work, fifty yards from the chip shop, two hundred yards from the Liquor Store. All bills, and interweb, included in the rent as well. No mention was made of World of Warcraft at all. To be honest though, I'm just too damn lazy to look for somewhere else, dismantle my bed, and move everything again. So I'll probably stick it out, and it will probably get better.

The other thing is that working with all women, while it has its advantages (which I can't recall right now) can make for a rather bitchy atmosphere, which pisses me off no end. Also, I know I'm not as good at my job as I should be, which is worrying. A weekend of revision awaits I think. Well, apart from the Super 14 semis. And while we're at it, just what is the purpose of the ELVs?

In other news, I bought Madden 06 for the PC yesterday, and promptly made Green Bay lose to the Sea Devils. I played Madden obsessively for six months on the Wii, and it's a lot harder with a "proper" control pad.

In other, more serious news, hospitals over here seem much better than hospitals over there (admittedly based on a sample size of n=1 for both countries). Here, there is a lot more space per patient bed, there's six nurses covering thirty beds (as opposed to three covering thirty back home), everything is a lot less stressed. And cleaner. There just seems to be adequate staffing full stop down here, which is not always something I could say about back home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you cant beat them join them... and if your lucky maybe rob and gareth will be nice and let you in their clan as well, and you can be the best dark elf in NZ! Think of the oppertunities that will open up! Whoohoo!

P.s pull yourself together man. your not allowed to come back until after the world cup, and that is that!

very selfish ponty boy.

Anonymous said...

p.p.s whats the talent like in work?

Anonymous said...

You are, of course, right, and I shall stop acting like a ponce.

Talent, well, beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, I suppose but there's some very attractive nurses knocking around!

Anonymous said...

I don't play often enough to be in Gareths clan anymore :( There was a rebel group who splintered off to form a new guild called primal and I wasn't asked to join... I think it's cos i was too powerful although my account is now suspended cos I stopped paying them.