Tuesday 5 February 2008

It's not about the numbers.

"500? 600? Hell, I do 1000 items a day, and then I shag Angelina Jolie!"

Bollocks.

The other week I did 110 items in a day, well, mainly in an hour and a half in the afternoon. Amazingly, this gave me time to talk to patients. This is what you are taught happens all the time in pharmacy school. It does not.

If you do 1000 items a day, you cannot talk to patients, FACT! The best you can hope for is to ship them in and ship them out as quickly as possible.

I like talking to patients. Sometimes. If it's not frantically busy, it is possible to talk to patients. Sometimes, you learn something. Sometimes, they learn something. Sometimes, you can do something useful, not very often, but it happens. Then, they bring you in beer and chocolate. More importantly, gratitude.

Goodnight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.