Friday 15 February 2008

Where The RPSGB Produces A Shotgun, And Shoots Itself In The Foot.

I am not a big fan of the RPSGB. I think that their entire raison d'etre is to make money out of the membership. I think that the financial management of their rather large funds has been nothing less than criminal. They have offered me no support whatsoever, apart from a phone call couched in vague terms of menace. Their treasurer is useless. In any other form of business, there would be some accountability to their membership for fucking up the finances to this degree.

However.

It seems that they are not content with raising the membership fee by almost 50%. Bernard Kelly, who is something called a "finance and resources director" at the RPSGB has been quoted as saying

"I don't like putting up fees one year and putting them down the next.

"I don't think you'll see us putting up fees by 40 per cent again in the next few years, but I don't think you'll see us saying: 'things are great so we won't put things up'."


Mr. Kelly's name does not appear on Our Beloved Society's Register of Pharmacists. I suppose this means that Mr. Kelly is too stupid to go to university and pass a few exams. No-one should have a problem with that, Mr. Kelly can't help being a bit thick. However, what really rankles is that Mr Kelly is now in a position to have the power to tell people with a real degree, in a real science, what to do.

This just goes to show that the RPSGB have zero interest in anyone other than themselves. I can't wait until they become obsolete, and will gladly piss on their metaphorical grave.

Perhaps we will see Mr. Kelly justifying his statement. Perhaps pigs will fly. Perhaps all homeopaths will throw themselves off a cliff. And if my aunty had bollocks she'd be my uncle.

No comments: