Tuesday 19 August 2008

BBC gets it wrong. Well, sort of.

Interesting article on the BBC website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7563149.stm


"Chemists "under too much strain"", the headline says. Obviously, this is news reporting along the lines of "Pope: Mildly Catholic" and "Bear: Shits in Woods". What is peculiar, however, is that the BBC refers to the "profession's leaders", and yet the only people quoted are from the PDA. Perhaps naively, I was under the impression that the leaders of the Profession were supposed to be the RPSGB. They're probably too busy promoting homeopathy, or thinking of new ways to take money off the membership though. God forbid they should intervene and do anything about shithouse working conditions; fuckwit, mouth-breathing left-school-at-16 "management" cunts who keep pushing and pushing for more pointless paperwork to get done, which is never read by anyone; pointless fucking MURs, and the endless undertrained, understaffed shops used by the larger multiples. To do anything about that would require some backbone, something the RPSGB are lacking in.

If you haven't joined the PDA, go and do it now. They're actually useful.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our glorious leaders were obviously too stressed to make a comment. I mean, what with all those meetings, the endless cups of tea, and packet upon packet of biscuits. It takes it's toll y'know.

Anonymous said...

I thought they were too busy searching for that one molecule of "drug" in a 30C bottle of water.

Anonymous said...

Amen to that brother!!! Hey here's an idea how's about we overthrow the homeopathy loving "intellectuals" in Lambeth house and install you as the new leader of the profession, ya know maybe use a bit of common sense to sort out the problems and working conditions

Anonymous said...

Plus it'd be funny to have someone so straight talking as the face of pharmacy

Anonymous said...

I assure you that when the society finally fold and become whatever useless body they become, I'll be taking the £1000000 registration fee (or whatever fee they'll call it then) and i'll be joining the PDA instead of the new professional body. I think GPC (essential to practice) and PDA is the way forward. We may actually get some decent representation that way!

CG

Nostrumdammit said...

Having now read the article and seen the various clips etc, I really must agree with your sentiments.
TWP, Phil & Anonymous and indeed anyone else reading this, perhaps you should work out just how few votes would be needed to take over the Hon Society. It's a rather suprisingly low figure and an even more surprisingly achievable outcome than you might think. There are thousands of de-motivated pharmacists who feel as you do but have given up [ like me ] becuase the Established order is corrupt and corrupts those who enter.
You all appear to be passionate about pharmacy and it's ethical integrity - and I doff my beret to you all. Should I not be so old that the smell of my own decay offends me I would gladly come alongside and fight with you. However, prior to joining the PDA [ a step I have never regretted and I can assure you that their standards and service are exemplary ] consider the effect of a group of younger, non-establishment, intelligent and assertive professionals running Lambeth. You'd probably have to ditch the expletives in favour of appropriate communciations [ mind you I know a few MP's and Junior Ministers who's language would fit in with your own - but I digress ] but what fun it would be to "stick it " to a few multiples and other Ivory Towered dinosaurs who have kept us a pusillanimous profession for too long!
Up and at 'em Boys [ and Girls of course ]

Anonymous said...

I just now wished to comment to indicate my support on your website because it is very energizing and most bloggers are rarely getting authorization they deserve.