Tuesday 5 August 2008

Day off work tomorrow!

Woohoo!!

Well, not really. Instead of going to do real work I've got my Treaty of Waitangi training day. I have embraced the Maori language enthusiastically thus far, albeit with limited success. Although, from what I can gather, the letter R appears to be pronounced similarly to RH in "Rhys". The problem is, there is no actual written Maori language, it's just been represented in English, which I think is fascinating. Anyway, it should be a really interesting day.

Most of the people I work with cannot understand how I can be so excited about learning about the Treaty, but then it's all relatively new to me. I went up the Treaty grounds the other week, and saw the marae, and the Treaty House, and the beach, and it was gorgeous, and I love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds really good. You'll need that Welsh-Maori dictionary!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving us all this fascinating data, nicely, this content is basically wonderful and I also take pleasure in an individual with regard to writing a great document for all of us, We are will onward that to all or any my friend,ersus More than likely that they may go for the lowdown because of this submit.